Peter has worked with various 1D, 2D and 3D modelling packages since graduating with a mathematics degree in 2005 and now occupies the role of senior modeller within the company. He has also been giving training and presented workshops in the use of modelling software throughout that time. Some of the more common duties include:
- Supporting major catchments within the NFFS (National Flood Forecasting System; the means through which the EA determine when to issue flood warnings).
- Rating extensions at key gauges within the river monitoring network so that a better realtime understanding of river flows may be achieved.
- A number of FRAs and FCAs.
- Contributions to regional SWMPs (Surface Water Management Plans).
- Reviewing models for consultants and the EA.
- 3D modelling for in depth analysis of structures within the watercourse; e.g. localised scour assessments, pressure imposed on the face of the structure (including negative or 'plucking' pressures), determining impacts of changes to complex structures.
- Providing 'rapid-response' advice for other consultancies.
For Peter's brief CV, please click on the following link:Peter Aylett CV Summary