River Restoration & Water Framework Directive
The Water Framework Directive is a European reference for the protection of inland surface water, transitional waters, coastal waters and groundwater with the purpose of:
- Preventing further deterioration and protecting the status of aquatic ecosystems.
- Promoting sustainable water use based on the protection of the water resources.
- Protecting and improving the aquatic environments.
- Reducing the pollution and mitigating the effects of flooding.
At Edenvale Young, we believe that water is the most valuable resource. As such, it must be protected and defended. We undertake water quality monitoring of river, lake and coastal bodies in close collaboration with contractors and/or laboratories. The company owns its own water quality testing kit to investigate on site. The data is analysed by our Environmental Chemistry Specialist according to the background legislation (Water Framework Directive, Natura 2000, Freshwater Fish directive etc).
We are also capable of providing water quality desk studies to private clients where it may be affected by development. We are able to use our modelling knowledge in order to assess contaminant dispersion in aquatic environments.
Edenvale Young's services include:
- Water Quality monitoring
- Water Framework Directive Assessment
- River restoration mitigation & design
- Interpretation of the data
- 3D modelling: contaminant dispersion mechanisms